Top ten good remakes (not based on short films or plays)
1. The Fly (Cronenberg)
2. Zatoichi (Kitano)
3. Evil Dead 2 (Raimi, I claim it’s a remake of the first one. So there.)
4. The Muppet Christmas Carol (Henson)
5. The Thing (Carpenter)
6. Nosferatu (Herzog)
7. True Grit (Coen)
8. The Maltese Falcon (Huston)
9. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Kaufman)
10. Willard (Morgan)
Pack list for Swecon since I have to go up real early to catch the train.
- A book. (Molly Young’s Troubleshooting.)
- Another book. (Either Jane Yolen or Tove Jansson. Not sure yet.)
- Doctor Who bookmarks that make no-one happy by just laying here. (The plan is to sell and use the money for beer.)
- Notebook for drawings.
- Brämhult’s orange juice.
- Mp3-player. Loaded with songs and batteries.
- A shitload of medicine.
Cookies I get on the way.
It’s a Thursday! That means a list of doom!
- The 666th tumblr — there are quite a bit of inactive ones there that I hope will miraculously spring back to life any moment now — I follow was a day or two ago and it’s Nik’s Always Moving .
- I got a new notebook for drawing things, had to choose a moleskin because they had no real alternatives. But who cares! It’s big and while the Copic markers bleed a tiny tiny bit, it’s much better than much other things I have to draw on.
- I feel good enough to draw anyway, and to be a bit excited about the notebook.
- Still don’t want to eat cookies. So there’s a lot of ambivalence.
- Plans to take over the world has been cancelled.
I had this thought about posting a list of real tumblr crushes as opposed to the statistical one, then I realised that I can’t do that. Then they’d know! And with knowing comes the possibility of mockery and pointing and laughter and going “ewww”. The curse of being a chickenshit. It would also be quite a boring list for the rest of you.
So! Here’s another kind of Thursday List of Doom. Recent favourite posts!
I like people who
- make me laugh.
- blow my mind. (Not literally! I like my mind.)
- are creative even when it works against them. (Which lets face it: it happens to all of us because we can’t turn it off.)
- are smart and not assholes about it.
- give me cookies.
- are not afraid to geek out massively.
- have opinions and not be assholes about it.
- are women in knitwear and play the violin.
Most people I follow here falls into at least one of these. However, there’s a severe lack of number 5 and 8 both here and out there in the fleshy world.
These are the days that I love:
- The first thick socks of the season.
- The meals I remember to eat slowly.
- The smell of the cookies.
- The reassurance that I’ll always get a reply.
The days I love then:
- When the air and sky are clear and you can see stars both big and small as well as the faint shades of the milky way.
- When I sleep on a couch or floor at a friend. It’s one of the few times I can go to sleep early.
- When people just say hi or ask me to be a part of things without me being the initiator. That happens far to seldom.
- When there’s rain hitting the window late at night.
- And sometimes, the rare times when I can just let everything go and sit on the floor with a cup of tea and listen to music without any thoughts in the brain ruining it.
- When the snow is crisp and sparkle with the sun as it goes squeek under the boots. Add great music in the ears, and a slight wind that search itself in between the scarf-intervals and I’ll smile like an idiot.
- When people actually want to hug me. Those days are awesome.
These kind of days I hate:
- When the self-image takes a dive from the already low point.
- When a full blazing sun that makes every move into a sweat factory.
- When everyone ois out there having a life. Left behind, yo.
- When there’s so many thunderstorms that you get Internet withdrawals.
- When life deals you pineapples. In the head.
- When cookies don’t feel like they’re enough.
Today has, sadly, been the first and last one. These cookies are not enough, they don’t help at all.
People who occupy my tag on tumblr.
- Images of football players (as in what you colonials call soccer) posted by football fans. From these posts I’ve concluded that this Nicklas plays football in England for some team or another and that he doesn’t own a shirt. These people seem to drool and are the worst — apart from the people who play football to begin with.
- A Danish guy. He was gifted with the same name by his parents — while we share first name we do not share parents of course. He has a different username — also very of course — but I’m going to let it slide that he and his friends don’t use that as a tag. Solidarity and all that!
- Me. Or more precise, people who talk with me here.
- Images of hockey players posted by hockey fans.
That’s about it really. This list is sorted according to frequency and it’s a pretty damn bleak picture it paints. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome bleak, you never really know how long time has passed or not passed since the last time you looked at the watch.
Things I’m not
- A complete ass
- A morning person
- Expressive of emotion
- Happy where I am in life
Things I am
- An occasional ass
- Pretty good at drawing
- A connoisseur of cookies
- An impulsive book buyer
- Emotional about far too much on the inside
- Brimming over with good taste
- Available for parties
One of my ticks is that if I notice it’s raining, I need to ask someone — most often on MSN — “Do you hear that? RAIN!” I’m certain this can be a bit annoying considering that chances are that the other person don’t have rain at that given minute.
- Whenever I write “hello” or “hi” or somesuch I also wave after I’ve pressed enter.
- Need to smell things. Food, opened boxes, books, medicine, memory cards, other people.
- When trying to solve a problem I mumble like a madman. At least when it’s a problem I care about. If it’s something I don’t care about, there will be no mumbling at all.
- When nervous I tend to dismantle pens over and over again. After a while there’s a big chance I’ve ruined them in one way or another.
It’s raining you guys! Rain! The air is cool and there’s the spatter on the roof! So there’s a list of things I like with rain.
- It makes hair smell nice.
- The air is cooler.
- And there’s a sort of vibe in it. “Anything can happen” even though mostly things just get wet.
- The sound it makes on the roof and windows.
- And depending on the amount, too feel it drip on the face.
- The ripples on impact.
- It makes me happy.
All that’s missing now is radio theatre and a cup of hot cocoa.
Things that take up my time; a list.
- Mass Effect 2.
- Mass Effect 2 DLC missions.
- Making food to eat while playing Mass Effect 2.
- Bugger all really, and things I should do but the game is kind of addictive.
Things I like in people: imperfection.
- You know, asymmetrical faces.
- A crooked smile.
- Scars that somehow radiates character instead of hiding it.
- The way toes curl in an illogical order.
- Hair smelling of rain.
- Small ticks that could be annoying but somehow isn’t.
- People daring to be awkward instead of trying so damn hard to be someone they’re not.
- Existing in quiet.
- Weird jokes, even if no-one understands them.
- Mismatched socks. A true sign of good people.
- Has a passion for a hobby that really makes little sense. Those are really damn cool.
Things of distress these last few hours:
- The leg hurt.
- Why can’t I sleep?
- Someone tried to take my guard tower in which I apparently live.
- An orange pen went missing.
- There are people I’ll never meet that that’s far more worthy of my time than people I will meet.
Some of these were imagined, others were not.